- Founded in 2003 by Aril Resen, Alan Duric and Espen Fjogstad. The founders were all veterans from Global IP Sound.
- Opened VoIP service in Norway in February 2004 as the first in Norway.
- Initial service was a collection of VoIP services which collecitively can act as a fixed line replacement service with flat fee pricing covering all fixed line destinations in Norway. Currently the combination of Telio SA and Tellio Telecom services in Norway provides free or partially free calling to 131 destinations globally for fixed monthly fees of 159 NOK.
- Operations in Norway, Denmark, Netherlands and Switzerland with currently 100 full time employees.
- Added GSM service in May 2006 available to all Telio VoIP customers in Norway.
- Listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange June 2nd, 2006 with ticker TELIO.
- Launched VoIP services for businesses in Q3 2007
- Launched mobile VoiP services in October 2007
- In 2008, Telio became the second largest fixed net telephone provider in Norway
- Launched video telephone for the Norwegian market in July 2009
- Entered the Swiss market in January 2010
- Launched Telio Touch and Teliophone in the Norwegian market during second half of 2010
- Telio Telecom AS acquired Bellit AS in second quarter 2010
- Launched Goji and SkyCall mobile apps for iPhone and Android phones during 2011 and the beginning of 2012. SkyCall is developed for the airline Norwegian Air Shuttle.
- Introduced broadband services in the Norwegian market from January 2012
Fixed line VoIP subscription
This is a collection of VoIP services which collecitively can act as a fixed line replacement service with flat fee pricing.
Traditional GSM mobile products sold as an add on product to VoIP subscribers in Norway.
Fixed Mobile Convergence/Mobile VoIP subscription
Telio has developed its own mobile apps and currently this offering includes Teliophone, Goji and SkyCall. Telio's fixed mobile convergence products offer our customers cheap mobile telephony and complete control of usage through fixed price mobile calling. Going forward, powerful complementary internet centric services will be launched to further enhance the value proposition to the subscribers.
For a full list of supplementary services to Telio's subscriptions, please visit our website for your country.